No Effort Pepper Chicken Recipe
No Effort Pepper Chicken Recipe:
I was amazed at how easy this recipe was and how fantastic the dish turned out without putting in much effort. So one day I was very tired, but I wanted to cook something for the blog. I decided to make something simple, so simple that if anyone had a long day like mine and wanted to enjoy a good flavourful meal in the evening could do that without putting in a lot of work. I pan-fried the chicken in some olive oil and while I was doing it I decided to grind some simple ingredients.
So I took 2 onions, some garlic cloves and lots of peppercorns in a blender and blitz them into a coarse paste. Added this paste to the chicken that was in the pan, along with some salt, some more pepper powder and covered it. Then I stepped out of the kitchen, watched some TV, had a glass of wine and I went back to my pan after almost 20 minutes to stir the dish and I was surprised to see that the dish was almost done. But well done but 80% cooked.
So I stirred it again, this time I added a pinch of garam masala powder to it, covered it again and disappeared for another 10 minutes. came back and my dish was ready. Squeezed a bit of lemon juice and it was gorgeous, Yum!! You must try this recipe if you are a lazy cook, also if you want to impress someone. This can be a great party snack too, as the dish is dry, you can make this dish with some chicken breasts instead.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30-35 mins
Chicken breasts: 2 pieces. Chunks.
Chicken leg pieces: 3
Peppercorns: 1-2 tablespoons (i like it hot, you can adjust the heat according to your liking)
Pepper powder: 1 teaspoon
Onions: 2. Coarsely cut
Garlic cloves: 6-7
Salt to taste
Garam Masala Powder (Optional): 1 tsp
Lemon juice: 3 tsp
Olive oil/vegetable oil for cooking
- For the pepper chicken, you need to prepare a simple paste: onions+garlic+peppercorns+pinch of salt+2 tbsp water, blitz into a coarse paste.
- In a pan, add some olive oil and pan-fry the chicken.
- When the chicken turns slightly brown, flip it.
- Now add the paste, salt, pepper powder, mix everything well with the chicken pieces, cover the pan. Cook on low heat for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- The chicken will be 80% done after 20 minutes. At this point add some garam masala powder, increase the heat to medium, mix well and cover the dish again.
- Come back after 5 minutes, check the chicken, it should be fully cooked now. If it needs some more time then cook for another 5-7 minutes or until its perfectly cooked. Just before serving to add some lemon juice, mix well.
- Serve with steamed rice or eat it like a snack with some green salad.
For more visit us our Next