Gluten-free Paani Puri Recipe
Gluten-free Paani Poori recipe
I had Paani Puri after almost 4 years and I was almost in tears after taking the first bite. I never tried recreating this epic street food because I was just too scared to ruin it. Now that Holi is almost here I thought it would be nice to make something different than almost everyone loves.
Sharing the recipe here, make it and do comment in the box after taking the first bite 🙂
Prep Time: 20 mins (includes the resting time for the dough)
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Total: 25 mins
Serves: 2-3 people
For the Pooris:
- White rice flour: 9 tablespoons
- Soya flour: 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Oil: to deep fry the pooris
- Salt to taste
- Water to make the dough
Make the Pooris:
- Combine everything and make a dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 mins, make sure you cover it.
- After 15 mins, grease your palms with oil and start breaking the dough into very tiny balls. (almost 2cm)
- Roll them out like pooris (circular or cylindrical in my case)
- Heat the oil, deep fry the Poori.
- Tip: To help the Poori rise, when you drop the Poori into the oil, the spot where it starts rising, just press that spot gently with a spoon. You will see that the poori starts rising from that spot.
- Turn it over, let the other side cook for 2 secs.
- The Poori is done, take it out and leave it on a kitchen towel.
Make the Paani:
- Hot/spicy Paani Recipe
- Mint Leaves: 1/4 cup
- Coriander Leaves: 1 cup
- Ginger minced: 2 tsp
- Tamarind paste: 3 tbsp
- Green chilies chopped: 3
- Black Salt: 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala: 2 tsp ( I will be giving the recipe for homemade chaat masala soon)
- Lemon juice: 2 tbsp
- Sugar: 2 tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder: 1/4 tsp
- Water: 4 cups
- Heeng: a pinch (Optional)
Add coriander, mint, ginger, chilies and tamarind paste in a blender and blend them all with a bit of water.
Transfer this paste in a large container.
Add black salt, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, lemon juice, sugar and water and mix well. taste at this point. If the salt is less for you then adjust the salt.
Add water and mix well.
Refrigerate the Paani for a few hours.
It is ready now.
2. Sweet Paani
Same ingredients. Just add more sugar.
Replace the 2 tsp sugar with:
Sugar: 1/4 cup.
The fillings recipe:
Potato: boil 2 potatoes and then mash them well.
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander: 2 tbsp
Cumin powder: a pinch
Method: Mix them all well.
HOW TO EAT PAANI PURI?
This might be a question if you are not familiar with this dish.
Step 1: Make the Poori
Step 2: Make the water (Paani)
Step 3: Make the fillings
Break the fluffy poori a bit, then fill in the Poori with a bit of the potato mash.
Fill in your preferred Paani, and have it.
For more visit our Page for GLUTEN FREE SALAD
Or visit our Youtube Page and subscribe