Gluten free burger buns
So I had a burger after almost 4 years. I was so excited when I took the first bite that I almost started trembling..haha. I also managed to finish the whole thing within seconds. This burger was totally worth the wait. It was juicy, soft and it didn’t have that strange Gluten Free after taste to them.
If you are gluten intolerant just like me then you have to try this recipe today.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 60 mins
Total: 70-75 mins
Portion: Makes two burgers, i.e 4 buns.
Almond flour: 3/4 cups
Psyllium husk: 5 tbsp
Mixed seeds ground coarsely in a blender (I used pumpkin, melon, cucumber): 3 tbsp
White or black sesame seeds: 1 1/2 tbsp
Baking Powder: 1 1/2 tsp
Salt: according to taste
Lukewarm water: 1 cup
Egg whites: 2
Honey: 2 tbsp
Vanilla: a few drops (i don’t like the smell of eggs, so I used vanilla to kill the smell. You can skip it if you are ok with the smell of eggs)
Apple cider vinegar: 1 tsp
2 tablespoons sesame seeds to top, optional, white or black
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Take another bowl to add the honey, egg whites, apple cider, vanilla essence, and warm water. Whisk them properly.
3. Take this liquid mixture and add it to the dry one.
4. Now mix them well and leave it for 10 mins.
5. After 10 mins you would see the husk has absorbed the water nicely and the mixture looks almost like a dough. I say almost so do not expect a dough but dough like something. This mixture will be very sticky.
6. Now dip your palms into the water and make 4 flattened balls. Transfer them onto a butter paper on a baking tray.
7. Let them sit for 5 mins. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
8. Bake them @180C f0r 60 mins
9. After 60 mins let them sit inside the oven. DO NOT try to transfer them or move the buns.
10. Since they have husk as a major ingredient the buns take time to take shape, so you gotta leave it in the oven for at least 30 mins.
11. After you take them out, leave them for 2 hours on the counter.
12. Your buns are ready. Make a nice chicken patty and have with your favorite sauce. YUM!
1. Mince Chicken: 300 gms
2. Garlic: Minced
3. Salt to taste
4. Onion: 1 finely chopped
5. Fresh coriander leaves: 1 tsp finely chopped
6. Green chilies: 2-3 chopped
7. Garam Masala Powder: a pinch (optional)
8. Egg white: 1 whisked
9. Gluten-Free Flour: use any kind. All you need is 1 tbsp
Mix everything together.
When it all comes together, make small patties.
Pan-fry the patties in olive oil.
Cook both sides until they turn brown.
The chicken patties are done.
For more visit our GLUTEN FREE MEAL RECIPE