Easy almond milk recipe
I have been making almond milk on and off for years now, today i decided to share this simple recipe with you. I feel homemade almond milk is way more delicious than the store bought brands. It’s creamier, thicker in flavour and has no preservatives. Also this is so simple to make so why waste a ton of money on any fancy vegan milk brands when you can make this at home everyday within minutes.
Prep Time: 8 hours (you need to soak almonds overnight)
Cook Time: None
Almonds: 1 cup
Water: 4 cups
For flavouring: (optional)
Fast speed blender
Muslin bag/nut milk bag or any old clean cotton cloth
- Soak the almonds overnight. But in case you forget to soak, in that case, pour boiling water over them and soak them for 2 hours.
- Strain them before making the milk.
- Take a blender, add the almonds and 4 cups of water. (If you blender is small then do it in two parts).
- Blend. ( Less powerful blender will take time, you need to blend and stop..blend and stop. This will not heat up your blender too much).
- Stop blending when the liquid looks nice and creamy.
Time to strain the blended nuts.
- Place the nut milk bag over a bowl.
- Pour the liquid.
- Squeeze nut milk bag with hands, getting out as much liquid as possible.
- Milk is ready. At this point you can add the flavouring of your choice. I prefer unsweetened that way i can use this milk for tea or coffee.
- Store the milk in a bottle in the fridge. This stays fresh upto 5 days.
Wanna know ow to make almond butter at home. Check out the recipe here.