This bread is not a dessert, this is something that you can eat with your coffee or tea or just as a snack. The bread is not very sweet or heavy. This is almost like a softer version of a sweet salty biscuit i would say. To make it sweeter you can always add more honey/maple or sugar. Since i don’t have a sweet tooth i am good with less sugar. Make this gluten-free bread, store it in the fridge and have it whenever you get hungry, there is absolutely no time to eat this, have it as a midnight snack or an early morning bite, the bread is so good that you would want to finish the whole loaf in a day.
Cucumber: 3/4 cup (Grated. Grate the cucumber, keep it aside for 10 minutes, then squeeze it with your hands and drain out every drop of liquid from it)
Almond Flour: 1 cup
Coconut Flour: 1/4 cup
Cocoa Powder: 1/4 cup
Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Oil: 2 tablespoon
Baking Soda: 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Powder: 1 teaspoon
Honey: 1/4 cup ( You can add some more honey if you want a sweeter bread)
Brown Sugar: 1 tbsp
Vanilla Essence: 3-4 drops
1. In a big bowl combine the dry ingredients together: flours, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, sugar.
2. In another bowl, add all the wet ingredients: eggs+coconut oil+honey+vanilla+grated cucumber. Mix them well.
3. Now take the wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients. Fold them nicely.
4. Transfer batter to a greased pan (medium loaf pan), dust some almond flour on the pan before you transfer the batter.
5. Bake at 180C for 35-40 minutes, insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean then the bread is done. If the toothpick is still wet, cook the bread for some more time. Keep checking the bread.
6. After the bread is cooked, let this cool for an hour before you take it off the pan. Else the bread would crumble.
7. Enjoy the bread with coffee or tea.