Gluten free butter and chocolate ‘checkerboard’ cookies- 4 ingredients.
These #eggless Checkerboard cookies may seem like a lot of work, but what if i told you these are the easiest cookies i have ever baked and not only this, the flavour is fantastic and doesn’t taste glutenfree atall. They taste very much like the regular maida biscuits. The ingredients used and very basic, flour, sugar, butter and chocolate powder.. i am sure you must have all these ingredients in your pantry already, so let’s bake these this evening :-)?
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes (different ovens take different time)
GF all purpose flour (maida) : 1 cup
Icing sugar or very fine sugar: 1/2 cup
Butter @Room Temperature: 1/2 cup
Chocolate Powder: 2 tbsp
- You need room temperature butter. To this add sugar and whisk using a hand whisk or a hand blender/stand mixer, till it becomes very soft and lightweight.
- Add flour. Do not add all at once, divide the flour in 3 parts and slowly add them to the sugar-butter mixture. Mix them properly, make sure there are no lumps. Do not whisk, you need to MIX them using a spatula.
- Now make a dough. This will form a nice soft dough.
- Divide the dough- 1. for the white part, 2. for the dark ‘chocolate’ part.
- Take one half of the dough, add the chocolate powder. Knead the powder nicely so that the white dough becomes brown. You may need a few drops of milk while mixing.
- So now you have a white dough and a brown ‘chocolate’ dough.
- Cling film them separately and refrigerate them for 15 mins. This will harden the dough making them easier to work with later.
- After 15 mins, take the dough out and make very small balls. For example if you are making a cookie with 6 squares, then you need 3 white and 3 brown dough balls.
- For 3 white- 3 brown checkered cookie: place 1 Brown-1 White balls next to each other. Make sure they are touching eachother. Make another row : 1 White-1Brown balls, again make sure they are touching each other. Now you will have 4 balls all next to eachother and touching eachother. Press the balls gently by so that they all flatten and look more like a biscuit. You need to make a clean rectangle shape, so from all 4 sides (top, bottom, left and right) use a knife to shape them into clean lines. ( I will be uploading the images soon so that it gets easier for you to understand).
- Pre heat the oven @180C
- Bake for 10-12 minutes on the middle rack. Take them out, let them cool down, now they are ready to serve.
Find flourless cookie recipe here.
View this post on Instagram
Made these butter and chocolate cookies weeks ago but totally forgot to share the picture with you guys. The recipe is simple and they don't have that odd glutenfree aftertaste. I will try to upload the recipe on my blog soon. #biscuit #cookies #cookforlife #cookiesofinstagram #glutenfreerecipe #glutenfreelifestyle #sweettooth #chocolates #butter #foodblogfeed #foodbloggersofinstagram #foodphotographer #yum #baker #bakersofinstagram #bakinglove #snacktime #chocoholic . Pic @pulak
Food Styling and Photography credit, Theheartland.in