Vegan Gluten-free Almond butter made at home.
My point is why waste Rs 500 on a tiny box of vegan butter when you can make much better stuff at home?
Prep Time: 10 mins (when you roast the almonds)
Cook Time: 12-15 mins (depending on your food processor)
What you need?
You need a food processor for this recipe or a very good high powered blender.
Almonds: 1 1/2 cups
Sea salt: 1/2 tsp (sea salt works better than the regular table salt)
Additional/ optional ingredients to enhance the flavour further:
- Maple syrup for vegans / honey for non vegans: 1 tbsp
2. Cinnamon powder: 1/2 tsp
- Roast the almonds in the oven for 10 mins @180C.
- Let them cool down.
- Put them in a food processor and start the processor.
- Grind them for 3-4 minutes. The almonds will break down and become crumbly. Add the salt.
- Grind further, till you see the almonds break down further.
- It will start sticking to the bottom of the processor.
- Then it will start forming a lump.
- The lump will become bigger and some sticky at this point.
- The almonds will become pasty and some of it will start sticking to the bottom of the blender jar. Keep scraping the sides and the bottom of the blender.
- After some more blending you would see the almond paste is become glossy.
- The glossy texture is what you want- this means the almonds have started to release oil.
- Blend for some more time till you see a very fine paste.
- The butter is almost done.
- Remove from the blender jar and store it in a jar.
- After making the basic butter i usually add some other ingredients like here i added some maple syrup. Sometimes i add a bit of melted chocolate or cinnamon or coffee power. The list is endless.
PLZ NOTE: while blending, give the blender 5 sec breaks else your machine will get too hot.