Glutenfree Pineapple upside down cake: I don’t have a sweet tooth but i still crave for this cake very often. Try baking this and let me know how it turned out in your kitchen.
Time: An hour
Serves: 8-10 people
Pineapple pieces: Cleaned, peeled, cored and cut in circles.
Brown rice flour: 1 cup
Tapioca starch: 1/2 cup
Potato starch: 1/4 cup
Sugar/honey: 3/4 cup (if you like your cake sweeter add more)
Butter: 3/4 cup
Vanilla essence: 4-5 drops
Baking powder: 2 tsp
Pineapple juice: 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Take all the dry ingredients in a big bowl. Mix them with a wooden spoon. Now add the wet ingredients to this.
- Wisk them all very well with a hand blender (8-10 minutes) and make a wet batter.
- Line a baking tray with butter.
- On the bottom of the tray, place the pineapple slices.
- Pour in the batter on top.
- Now bake this for 35-40 minutes. Do check the cake as different ovens take different time to bake. Mine took 40 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick, if it comes out dry then the cake is cooked.
- After the cake is baked, take it out and let it rest on the rack for 15-20 minutes. This helps the cake come out easily.
- Cut the cake and serve.