Gluten-free super healthy granola with chocolate chunks.
For this recipe, you can use whatever seeds, nuts you like in whatever quantities. There are absolutely no rules. I actually ate something similar in Paris and got totally hooked. I even brought back 2 packets from there and ate almost every morning for weeks. After I ran out of it, I realized I needed to do something, importing was not an option 🙂 so decided to make something similar here. There was no quinoa in the original version tho. Try making this, apart from the fact that this is super duper healthy, I think it is extremely delicious too. If you eat this every morning I think your nutrient intake is sorted.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Total: 15 mins
- Steel cut GF oats (easily available online): 3 cups
- Quinoa:1/2 cup
- Seeds mix: 1/2 cup
- Dry fruits: 1/3 cup: almonds. Chopped
- Walnuts: 1/3 cup. Chopped
- Honey: 4 tablespoons (Pure maple if you are vegan)
- Coconut oil: 1 tablespoon
- Sea salt: 1 tsp
- Chocolate chunks:1/2 cup (If vegan go with vegan chocolate made with cacao)
- Dehydrated fruits mix: 1/2 cup (i used dehydrated berries)
- Apart from the chocolate and the berries. Mix everything in a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a baking sheet and spread the mixture evenly.
- Bake at 180C for 8-10 mins.
- Keep an eye on it, make sure it doesn’t burn. Sometimes they get ready under 8 minutes.
- When the colour starts changing and turns a bit brown.
- Turn off the oven, take out the tray.
- Let the mixture cool down, add in the berries and the chocolate chunks.
- Store in a jar.
- Enjoy with your favourite yogurt.