Gluten-free Lemon yogurt pie recipe
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total: 45 mins
Serves: 4 people
For the yogurt filling:
Plain yogurt: 1 1/2 cups
Condensed milk: 1/2 cup
Green food colouring: 2-3 drops (Make sure it is gluten safe also this is optional)
Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
For the pie:
GF all purpose flour blend: 2 cups ( You can also find my blend here, http://www.glutenfreeindian.com/homemade-gluten-free-all-purpose-flour-recipe/)
Butter: 1/2 cup ( the more butter you use the flakier the pastry would be. You can go upto a cup, i used 1/2 a cup for this one)
Xanthan gum: 1 tsp
- Whisk all the yogurt filling ingredients together and properly.
- For the pie. combine all ingredients and make a dough.
- Rest the dough covered for 10-15 mins and them with a rolling pin, make a round chapati like shape, only thicker.
- Line the pie container with some butter. (My container has a removable base)
- Place the round pie into the pie dish, line the base and the sides of the pie dish properly. Cut off the extra if it is bigger than the edge of the pie dish.
- Now pour in the thick yogurt filling.
- Place this in the oven, bake @180C for 25-30 mins until the pie is done.
- Take it out from the oven. let it cool down.
- Then place in the fridge for an hour.
- Serve cold.