Flourless healthiest almond butter gluten-free cookies:
Going gluten-free is hard, but giving up cookies, that is totally impossible! Right now you’re looking at rich brown Gluten Free almond butter chewy cookies that taste absolutely heavenly and it takes very little time to prepare. I don’t really have a sweet tooth but trust me when i say this, at nights i get cravings for these.
I often hear parents complain how their gluten intolerant kids are not getting proper nutrition, so i made these biscuits because i needed something handy, also something that can give me some hearty nutrition. These are almost like nutrition bars, you can customise them the way you like. You can add more nuts, chocolate chips etc.
Prep Time: 10 mins (That is if you have almond butter already. You may require more time if you have to make almond butter from scratch)
Cooking time: 18-20 mins (Depending on your oven, it may vary)
Total: 30 mins or less
Serves: 10 big cookies or 15 small ones
Recipe for almond butter:
Almond butter: 1 cup
Sugar: 2 tbsp (coconut sugar for vegan)
Salt: a pinch
Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
Ground flax seeds: 1 tbsp (take ground flax seed powder soak it in a bit of water)
Water: 3 tbsp
Milk: 1 tbsp (VEGAN TIP : You can skip the milk and add more water or add any plant based milk)
(adjust the quantity according to requirement. If the dough feels too dry add a bit more milk or . water)
Baking soda: 1 tsp
Desiccated coconut: 2 tbsp
PREHEAT the OVEN @180C
- Combine everything together (except the desiccated coconut). The cookie dough will be a bit sticky.
- Apply some water on your palms and roll the sticky cookie dough into small balls.
- You can make the size according to your liking.
- I made bigger cookies so managed to make about 10.
- Place them onto a baking tray lined with butter paper. Sprinkle the coconut.
- Time to bake: put the baking tray in the oven. Let this bake for 15 mins or less. But keep an eye. Every oven behaves differently. Mine is a bit slow and old so takes more baking time.
- Once you see the bottom of cookie turn almost darkish brown, time to give it 2- 3 mins more.
- Turn off the oven. Take out the cookies and let it cool down a bit. If you pick the cookies when they are still hot, they will start breaking.
- Time to eat the chewy goodness!