Easy to make cream cheese recipe with basic ingredients:
It’s surprisingly easy to make homemade cheese, it requires very little work and even lesser ingredients.
There are two ways to make this cheese, one with yogurt that has been hung for hours and the other way is to split the milk and whisk the soft cheese in a food processor. Since the first one takes more time i prefer this method.
Pasteurised milk full cream: 1 L
Crushed Pepper- 1 tbsp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Lemon Juice: of 1 small lemon
- Boil the milk, pour the lemon juice when the milk begins to boil.
- The milk will split and curdle.
- This will take a few minutes so keep the flame low.
- The water and the soft milk cheese will separate, now the water looks pale yellow/cloudy.
- Time to remove the pot.
- Right now the pot and the cheese will be too hot, let this cool down but only a bit.
- You need warm milk (soft cheese) to work with.
- When it is still warm, transfer the soft cheese to a food processor.
- Add in the olive oil and blitz the blender. If the cheese looks very dry, add a bit of the pale yellow water.
- Run the blender again, you will see the cheese is no longer crumbly. The texture will change and it will become smooth.
- Add in some lemon juice (around 1-2 tsp).
- Add the salt and pepper.
- The cream cheese is ready. Yay!