Chicken Mince Lentil Galouti Kebab Recipe:
Prep Time: 30 mins+ refrigeration time 30 minutes.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1. For pressure cooker cooking:
Chicken mince: 500 gms
Chana Daal: 250 gms
Cinnamon stick: 1 (1 inch stick)
Whole onion: Peel the onion, and put in the cooker.
Garlic cloves: 10-12
Ginger: 1 inch
Turmeric: ½ tsp
Kewra Essence: 1 drop
Garam Masala powder: 1 tbsp
Coriander powder: 2 tbsp
Cumin powder: ½ tbsp
Salt to taste water
2. Shami kebab patty ingredients:
Egg (Optional) :1
Onion: 1 finely chopped
Green Chilies: 2, finely chopped
Mint leaves: finely chopped leaves 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves: Finely chopped: 2 tbsp
Ghee or oil to cook the kebabs
- Wash and soak chana daal for 4-5 hours.
- Wash the mince chicken.
- Add the chana daal, mince chicken and all the other ingredients to a pressure cooker. Add water to partially cover the chicken and daal. The chicken, onion etc will release some water too so no need to add too much.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook this on low heat for 30-35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, open the cooker, the meat and daal should be cooked now.
- Evaporate the excess water if there is any by placing the pressure cooker on high heat without any cover, the high heat will evaporate the excess water. But stir the meat and daal at this point so that they don’t burn.
- Cool this mixture completely.
- Add this to a food processor, or just transfer it to a big bowl. Remove the whole spices from the mixture, for example the cinnamon stick, the skin of cardamoms etc.
- After you have removed the unwanted stuff from the mixture, break the mixture further with your hands. Right now it must be coarse, but if you work the mixture with your hands, they will become slightly even and smooth. You can now add everything except ghee in this mixture, onions, chillies, mint, coriander, egg and mix everything very well with your hands. Divide the dough and make smalls balls out of it. This should make 8 -10 balls easily. Flatten each ball and make kebabs on your palm.
- Now put these kebabs in the fridge for half an hour or so to set.
- After an hour, heat some ghee or oil in a non-stick pan, and pan fry them with very little ghee in 2 or 3 batches.
- When they are golden brown, take them off the heat and serve with your favourite chutney.