Cape gooseberry or rasbhari sweet hot chutney
Cooking time: 10 mins
Prep time: 5 mins
Total: 15 mins
- Cape gooseberry : 1 bunch (250 gms approx) wash properly.
- Fennel seeds: 1 tsp
- Black mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Sugar: 1/3 cup
- Dry chilly: 1
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Any vegetable oil: 3 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Throw in the dry spices. Start with the red chilli. Break it in half and throw in the hot oil.
- Now add fennel, cumin, mustard.
- Add the cape gooseberries.
- Stir and let them cook on medium high flame for 2-3 mins.
- Add the sugar and some water.
- Add the salt.
- Red chilli powder.
- Let this cook on medium heat for 1o mins.
- When the sugar mixed with water, turns transparent. Taste the syrup, when you see the consistency is slightly thick then its time to tun off the heat. The chutney is ready. Cool it down and store in the fridge. Can easily last up to a week.