The gluten-free buckwheat bread recipe
Most delicious gluten-free buckwheat bread recipe:
I am a bread lover, almost obsessed with it. So when bread was taken away from me because of my gluten intolerance I knew that very moment that I had to first get the bread back into my life. I started experimenting and haven’t stopped since.
Most gluten-free #breads have a lot of starch content, I don’t really have any problem with that and in fact, sometimes the starchy white bread really taste good, but then I also wanted to make bread that could give me nutrition. #buckwheat is great for health, and plz don’t get confused, buckwheat is not related to wheat at all. Buckwheat is nutrient-packed and gluten-free and has been abundantly consumed in Asian countries for centuries. The buckwheat flour that we get in India is slightly darker in color and very bland in taste. So whenever you use this flour, make sure you add the seasoning properly.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total: 2 hours plus
Buckwheat flour: 1 cup
White rice flour: 1/2 cup
Brown rice flour: 1/2 cup
Tapioca starch: 1/2 cup
Potato Starch: 1/2 cup
Seeds/nut flour: 1/2 cup (blends a handful of nuts or seeds in a blender and use the ground flour)
Olive oil: 1/4 cup
Water warm: 1 cup
Psyllium husk: 2 tbsp
Salt: 1/2 tbsp
Sugar: 1 1/2 tbsp
Milk warm: 1 cup
Apple cider vinegar: 1 tsp
Xantham gum: 2 tsp (optional)
Yeast: 2 tsp dry active yeast. ( A good quality yeast is very imp)
- In a big vessel add the flours, seed flour, husk, salt.
- In another container, add the sugar, warm water, warm milk, and yeast. Let this sit for 10 mins.
- Add the yeast solution to the flour, now add warm milk, olive oil, apple cider vinegar.
- Mix all this with a wooden spatula.
- Transfer the mixture to a bread baking container lined with butter or oil.
- Cover the bread baking tray with a damp cloth or cling film and set aside for an hour in a warm place.
- After an hour the bread mixture would have risen.
- Uncover the bread container and bake at 180C for an hour 15 minutes. (Plz note different ovens take different time. )
- When you have baked the bread close to 60 minutes, take the bread off the container and now place it back in the oven and let it bake for 10-15 minutes. This will help brown the bread evenly.
- Take the bread out and let it cool down on the cooling rack for 2-3 hours.
For more Visit our
Or you can visit or subscribe us on Youtube