Gluten-free bread recipe
The most awesome gluten-free bread recipe: I love this recipe, I find the recipe easy and the bread that I get is nice and soft. I ate a bread in Amsterdam and wanted to recreate that in my kitchen, although I could never make the exact same loaf but this one comes very close.
You try this recipe and let me know how it was. The first thing you need is to make the flour blend.
Bread Flour Blend:
Sweet rice flour: 1 cup
Brown rice flour: 1 cup
White rice flour: 1 cup
Tapioca Flour: 1 cup
Sorghum flour: 1 cup
Xanthan gum: 2 tbsp
Mix them well and this becomes your bread mix.Use the amount you need, rest store in an airtight jar. You can use the same mix to even make the pizza base.
Recipe for bread:
Bread Mix: 2 1/2 cup
Warm milk: 1 1/4
Yeast: 2 1/2 tsp (dry acting yeast is the best for this recipe)
Honey: 1/4 cup
Salt: 1 tsp (i prefer rock salt)
Apple cider vinegar: 1/2 tsp
Baking powder: 1tsp
Melted butter: 1/4 cup
Ground flaxseed meal: 1/4 cup (make flaxseed powder and then soak t tbsp in water, enough to make 1/4 cup)
Flax seeds: 1 tbsp
Egg whites: 2 beaten (you can skip this too if you want. I make without the eggs)
Xanthan gum: 1tsp
Bread baking pan: a smaller bread pan is better, that gives height to the bread. In the big pan the batter spreads out and never rises up much. I prefer a 4-4 bread pan. or you can use the regular 8-4 pan.
1. Take a container, add the yeast, honey and pour the warm milk (1/4 cup). Mix it and let this sit aside for 5 mins. After 5 mins if you see froth being formed, then the yeast is active and good to use. But after 5 mins if you see nothing then the yeast is not good. You might have to change the yeast in that case or your milk maybe not warm enough. This is an important step so make sure the froth is formed.
2. Now in another vessel, add the flour, the salt, baking powder, xanthan gum, flax seeds, flaxseed meal, apple cider.
3. Add the yeast mix to the flour vessel. Mix them well.
4. Add the rest of the milk: 1 cup, egg whites, butter and mix them all very well.
5. The batter should be sticky.
6. Now transfer the batter to a lined bread baking tray.
7. Cover the batter with a wet cloth and leave for an hour to rise in a warm corner.
8. After an hour the batter must have risen up considerably.
9. Time to bake. Preheat the oven to 180C.
10. Bake for an hour.
11. Take out the bread from the bread container.
12. Put the bread back into the oven this time without the bread container so that the bread is cooked evenly on the outside too.
13. Bake for 10 minutes like this.
14. take out the bread, let it rest on a cooling rack.
15. Cut the bread only after it has cooled down for 3-4 hours, else it will crumble.
16. Time to toast it and enjoy it!
For more visit our next recipe